Layered Taco Bake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layered Taco Bake

I made this tonight with the changes I listed at the bottom of the recipe, it was so good!

LAYERED TACO PIE

INGREDIENTS
    1 lb ground beef
    1 (16 oz) can refried beans
    1 packet taco seasoning (I used Lawry’s)
    1/2 cup water (I used half water and half chicken broth)
    3/4 cup diced purple onion (optional)
    1/2 small can sliced black olives (optional)
    6 8-inch flour tortillas (I used corn tortillas)
    2 cups Mexican cheese, grated

For topping:
    Sour cream
    Black olives
    Iceberg lettuce, chopped
    Tomatoes, chopped

PREPARATION
    Preheat oven to 350F and spray an 8-inch springform pan with nonstick spray.

In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and drain, if needed. Add in the refried beans, taco seasoning, and water, and simmer until most liquid has absorbed, about 5 minutes.

Line the bottom of the prepared pan with a tortilla. Spread 1/5 of the beef mixture evenly over the tortilla and top with 1/4 cup of the cheese. Repeat layers - tortilla, beef, cheese - ending with a tortilla on top.

Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top and bake until cheese is melted and golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Serve with toppings if desired.

Charlene’s notes 2-8-2022: What I did when making this:
    I browned one pound of salted and peppered 90% lean ground beef in 1 Tbsp butter, added refried beans, taco seasoning and 1/4 cup chicken broth and 1/4 cup water to the meat and heated until thickened. I then added the diced red onion and 1/2 can of drained and sliced black olives and thoroughly mixed them in. I don’t have a small springform pan so I used a large one and used 4 whole corn tortillas with the corners filled in with one tortilla cut into quarters that I had sprayed with olive oil and heated in the oven. I spread half the meat and bean mix on top of that, sprinkled with the cheese and topped with another set of warmed tortillas. I topped that layer with the other half of the meat mix and topped with some of the cheese and put the final layer of prepared tortillas on top and sprinkled with more cheese and the other half of the sliced olives. I baked it for 35 minutes. When done I cut it into sixths. We both really enjoyed this very much.
Working...
X