• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken Alfredo and Rice Casserole

Chicken Alfredo and Rice Casserole

Servings: 4

Ingredients
    1 10 ounce container refrigerated Alfredo pasta sauce (I used Rana)
    cup milk
    2  cups cooked white rice or wild rice (I cooked a package of Uncle Ben’s white and wild rice using chicken broth, used whole package)
    2 cups cubed cooked chicken (I used 2 cans of Costco chicken breast, drained. I used the broth in the rice.)
    1 cup frozen peas
    ⅓ cup chopped bottled roasted red sweet peppers
    cup slivered almonds, toasted
    1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil or 1/2 tsp. dried basil, crushed (I used about a full teaspoon of dried basil)
    Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste, optional
    1 cup soft bread crumbs (I used sourdough)
    1 tablespoon butter, melted

Directions

Step 1
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl combine pasta sauce and milk. Stir in rice, chicken, peas, sweet peppers, nuts, and basil. Transfer to 1-1/2-quart baking dish.

Step 2
    Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover and stir. Combine bread crumbs and melted butter; sprinkle atop. Bake, uncovered, 20 to 25 minutes more or until heated through and crumbs are golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serves 4.

Charlene’s notes 2-24-2022: This was very tasty. I used 2 cans of Kirkland (Costco) chicken breast, drained. I used the broth as part of the liquid to cook the Uncle Ben’s white and wild rice. I used the whole package of the rice mix. I taste tested it after I mixed it all up and added some salt, fresh ground pepper and garlic powder to taste.

TY Charlene this is supper tonight

Comment

rosie, I caught myself a few times last night going back and taking bites! I hope you like it, we sure did!

Comment

Very good. Joe said "I like it. I like.it A LOT" so it's going in the keeper book I used brown rice cause that's all we eat. Had to leave out the peppers cause my hubby HATES them. I love them. Next time I will put them in one end so I can have them.
        TY for a definite keeper.

Comment

You’re welcome! We eat a lot of brown rice too. I buy Diamond G brand of medium grain brown rice and use Alton Brown’s recipe for baked brown rice, comes out absolutely perfect every single time.

Comment

Working...
          X