X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One pan cheesy sausage gnocchi

ONE PAN CHEESY SAUSAGE GNOCCHI

INGREDIENTS
    1/2 lb. fresh Italian sausage (about 4 links)(I used 1 pound Turkey Italian sausage)
    2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
    1 (17.5-oz.) package fresh gnocchi
    2 c. jarred marinara
    1 c. water (I used chicken broth)
    1 (16-oz.) ball fresh salted mozzarella, torn into bite-size pieces (I used shredded mozzarella and Jack)
    Chopped kalamata olives (optional)
    8 oz. fresh spinach, roughly chopped (I used 6 ounces)
    2 cloves garlic, grated or very finely minced
    Fresh parsley or basil leaves, for serving

DIRECTIONS

Remove sausage from casings and tear into bite-size pieces. Heat a large, oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer sausage to a bowl.

To the same skillet, add oil. When hot, add gnocchi and cook, stirring occasionally, until gnocchi are golden and crispy, about 8 minutes.

Add marinara and water to skillet, scraping up any browned bits. Stir in half the mozzarella until mostly melted into sauce, then fold in spinach until wilted.

Remove skillet from heat and stir in cooked sausage and garlic.

Position a rack at the top of the oven and heat broiler. Scatter remaining mozzarella all over gnocchi. Broil until melted and golden, 3 to 6 minutes depending on your broiler.

Let cool for 5 minutes before topping with parsley or basil and serving.

Charlene’s notes 5-1-2022: Wow this was good! I used one pound of Turkey Italian sausage (it needed to be used asap) and instead of water I used chicken broth in the sauce. I added the kalamata olives just because I love them. I used bagged shredded mozzarella because I had it and since I didn’t have enough I added about 4 ounces of shredded Jack cheese to it. It was absolutely delicious!
Working...
X