• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bacon Cheeseburger Gnocchi

Wow! This was outstanding!

Bacon Cheeseburger Gnocchi

ingredients

1 pound potato gnocchi (gluten-free for gluten-free)
    4 ounces bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces (see note below)
    1 pound ground beef
    1 cup onion, diced
    3 cloves garlic, chopped
    1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
    1/4 cup ketchup
    1 tablespoon yellow mustard
    1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
    salt and pepper (or steak seasoning) to taste (see note below)
    1 tablespoon cornstarch (optional)
    1 cup beef broth (or water)
    1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
    2 green onions, thinly sliced (optional)

directions

Start cooking the gnocchi as directed on the package.*

Cook the bacon in a large skillet/pan until crispy, before setting the bacon aside and draining off all but 1 tablespoon of grease from the pan.

Add the beef and onion and cook in the grease, breaking the beef apart as it cooks, until the beef is cooked through and the onions are tender, before draining off any excess grease.

Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.

Add the cooked gnocchi, bacon, tomatoes, ketchup, mustard, worcestershire sauce, paprika, salt and pepper, along with the cornstarch mixed into the broth, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce thickens a bit, about 5 minutes.

Sprinkle on the cheese and let it melt.

Sprinkle on the green onions and enjoy!

Charlene’s notes 8-8-2022: Outstanding! For the bacon I used 3 oz of Hormel fully cooked chopped bacon I get by the bag at Costco. I added a teaspoon of olive oil and some water and simmered it until it softened. For the seasoning I used about 1-1/2 tsp Penzeys Quebec Beef Seasoning instead of salt and pepper. For the gnocchi, I only cooked what I was going to eat at one sitting. I boiled them per the instructions, then sautéed them in butter until they were slightly browned and topped them with the meat mixture and cheese.

Note: *Gnocchi are potato dumplings and they come in a few different forms; you can find them in the pasta aisle in a vacuum sealed package, in the freezer or in the fresh pasta section. Generally it’s boiled in water until it floats and then, optionally, you can fry it in oil or butter until it gets crispy on the outside before using it.
Working...
X